Yesterday we drove to Gallup, NM and spent the night there. This morning we got an early start. We stopped for gas 100 miles from Oklahoma City. A trucker rushed to let us know that fire was coming from the trailer. The fire department was called to put out the fire.
A weedeater fell across the two terminals of the battery of a riding lawn mower. The overheating started a fire.
God was definitely with us. The damage would have been far worse had we been on the road. Most of riding mowers and equipment was not damaged. I was so engrossed by the smoke, fire and firemen and that I failed to take pictures.
We will spend the night in Oklahoma City and drive home tomorrow. Thank you for your prayers.
Battery on the lawn mower
Burned battery terminals